ams OSRAM combines light and sensing to create game-changing innovations for LightFair 2022
ams OSRAM to showcase its latest lighting and sensing products at LightFair 2022 in booth 1428.
- ams OSRAM to showcase its latest lighting and sensing products at LightFair 2022 in booth 1428.
- Smart UV Sphere will demonstrate how UV-C LEDs can protect areas and surfaces from harmful viruses and bacteria with help from a UV sensor that balances irradiation and dose.
- The world’s first batwing optic LED for horticulture lighting will be shown in a closed-loop system. A smart spectral sensor monitors and adjusts the LED output to provide the perfect light recipe for plant growth.
Cupertino, California (13th June 2022) -- ams OSRAM (SIX: AMS), a global leader in optical solutions, announced today it will demonstrate how its recent advanced lighting and sensing technologies are improving life by inactivating harmful viruses and bacteria, helping food grow more efficiently and effectively illuminating the world around us both inside and out. ams OSRAM is in booth 1428 at this year’s LightFair, which takes place June 21-23, at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“We look forward to LightFair where we will show our latest innovations that are having a major impact on customers across many industries,” said Alessandro Cilano, head of global marketing for illumination at ams OSRAM. “From UV-C LED treatment to horticulture and Human Centric Lighting (HCL), we have one of the most exceptional portfolios of high-quality, miniaturized products in the market.”
Attendees can learn more about ams OSRAM’s Oslon UV-C LEDs that eliminate up to 99.9 percent of viruses and bacteria, including SARS-CoV-2. The LEDs’ compact size is opening the door to new applications, such as inside water faucets and air conditioning systems. The company’s UV spectral sensor can monitor radiation amounts to ensure efficient treatment of air, water, surfaces.
In addition, ams OSRAM’s full-range of horticulture solutions, from light source to sensors, will take centerstage at LightFair. The recent Oslon Square Batwing has a unique shape of optics that enables more homogenous light distribution and simpler designs with less fixtures. Current LED fixtures often contain a lambertian primary lens and no secondary optic, or a simple glass cover, which leads to hotspots. To address this issue, the Oslon Square Batwing contains a primary optic, enabling a wide beam angle of 140° and a special radiation pattern that looks like wings. To further enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the LEDs, the AS7265x 18-channel sensor monitors and adjusts light output to achieve optimal output.
The company will also present other recent technologies, including:
- Oslon Pure 1010, the smallest Chip Scale Packaging (CSP) in the market, allows customers to create more natural light indoors. The spectral and areal shaping of the illumination can be achieved by addressing the right visual and biological content to enable a HCL solution.
- Osconiq E 2835 Cyan features a cyan-enhanced spectrum for human centric lighting applications such as suppressing the production of melatonin, leading to increased productivity.
- Osconiq C 2424 offers efficiency and cost savings for outdoor lighting. The CSP and UX:3 chip technology deliver superior lighting quality in a broad color temperature range from cool to warm white and various CRIs.
- A colorimeter for color matching features an AS7343 spectral sensing module with integrated light source for more accurate online color matching. The handheld color scanner matches any color to everything from paint to textiles and flooring.
For more information about ams OSRAM’s lighting and sensing products at LightFair, visit ams-osram.com/events/lightfair.
Tel.: +1 248-755-7680
ams OSRAM will showcase its Oslon UV-C LEDs and sensors, which destroys harmful viruses and bacteria, at this year’s LightFair.
Discover the new standard for professional horticulture applications, such as greenhouses with top-and inter-lighting solutions and vertical farms in booth 1428 at LightFair.
About ams OSRAM
The ams OSRAM Group (SIX: AMS) is a global leader in optical solutions. By adding intelligence to light and passion to innovation, we enrich people’s lives. This is what we mean by Sensing is Life.
With over 110 years of combined history, our core is defined by imagination, deep engineering expertise and the ability to provide global industrial capacity in sensor and light technologies. We create exciting innovations that enable our customers in the consumer, automotive, healthcare and industrial sectors maintain their competitive edge and drive innovation that meaningfully improves the quality of life in terms of health, safety and convenience, while reducing impact on the environment.
Our around 24,000 employees worldwide focus on innovation across sensing, illumination and visualization to make journeys safer, medical diagnosis more accurate and daily moments in communication a richer experience. Our work creates technology for breakthrough applications, which is reflected in over 15,000 patents granted and applied. Headquartered in Premstaetten/Graz (Austria) with a co-headquarters in Munich (Germany), the group achieved over EUR 5 billion revenues in 2021 and is listed as ams-OSRAM AG on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ISIN: AT0000A18XM4).
Find out more about us on https://ams-osram.com
ams is a registered trademark of ams-OSRAM AG. In addition, many of our products and services are registered or filed trademarks of ams OSRAM Group. All other company or product names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.